Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Engaged Learning - Unit 3

Well, another day in the life of - I am checking my Clarion email, my facebook and completing this blog. I am understanding the whole idea of all of this - thank you Professor for clearing up the confusion on the blog information - I guess I was feeling overwhelmed that I needed to keep up with everyone's blog - Now that I know it's just mine I need to maintain, I feel a lot less pressure.
I read the chapters for this week - and most of the information - excluding Hendron - I am familiar with as a classroom teacher - I enjoy completing the 'real world' activities with my students and I am always looking for new and exciting ways to bring technology into my world and my students. My only problem with the technology side of things, is that our technogy person (we have one, plus he has an assistant) doesn't seem to maintain the computers in the computer lab or the smartboards that we have - Many of us weren't properly trained for the smart boards, so it's a hit/miss kind of thing and when things go wrong there is no one to turn to other that my teammates or hallmates that are also in the dark about the smartboards. That is of course a budgeting issue, but I guess my concern is that if the district is willing to stick their necks out to purchase these items or the technology, they then need to go the extra mile and keep up with the maintenance of those items and also train more than one or two people to be competent on it. The more people that know how to problem solve a situation where technology is concerned the better the technology (and the teacher!) can be.

No comments: